Czech Republic, Brumov-Bylnice: in the early hours of March 21, 2021, Fr. Stanisław Maliński, MIC died at the hospital of Zlina (Czech Republic). He was 89 years of age, a member of our Congregation for 67 years and a priest for 54.
Stanisław Maliński, son of Józef and Franciszka nee Bryła, was born on June 4, 1931 in the town of Zabostów Mały in the parish of Łowicz Kolegiata (Poland). He attended grades 1 to 4 at the school in Popów and grades 5 to 6 in the town of Kompin. Between the years 1944-1947, he helped at his parents’ farm. From 1947-1948, he attended a trade school in Łowicz, while working as a tailor’s apprentice in a “care and education” facility. From the years 1948-1951, he went to the Bishop’s High School in Lublin, where he completed his 10th grade. After his father’s death, he moved to Warsaw and was admitted to the lower seminary, which he attended between 1951-52 and continued his schooling as an 11th-grade student at the school on Otwocka Street. Since he did not pass the final school exams, he was accepted conditionally to the Preparatory Department of the Metropolitan Seminary with residency in Milanówek outside of the seminary from 1952-1953. He received his high school diploma in 1953, completing his 11th grade at the Pruszków State Correspondence School.
Stanisław was admitted to our Congregation in September 1953, and made his first vows on October 4, 1954, having completed his novitiate in Skórzec. Next, he took the philosophy courses in Gietrzwałd between 1954-1956 and in 1956, theology in Warsaw. In 1960 and 1961 he was a fourth-year student in Włocławek. Due to poor academic performance, he asked permission to interrupt his studies and decided to remain a religious brother in the community. His superiors accepted his decision and admitted him to his perpetual profession, which he made in Skórzec on August 15, 1961. As a religious brother, he was assigned to our religious house in Grudziądz. In 1964, the provincial superior allowed him to continue his studies at the seminary in Siedlce, where he was admitted to the second year of theology. In 1965, he asked to be reinstated in his previous clerical status, to which permission was granted in 1966. He was ordained to the priesthood in the Siedlce cathedral by Bishop Wacław Skomorucha, auxiliary of the Siedlce Diocese, i.e., Podlasie Diocese, on May 20, 1967.
After ordination, he was assigned to pastoral and catechetical work in Góra Kalwaria. In 1970 he was transferred to the house in Grudziądz as a catechist and assistant in pastoral ministry. During the years 1971-1978, he was the house superior’s substitute, while from 1978-1987 he was the house superior in Grudziądz, and then also the house treasurer from 1981-1984. In 1987 he was transferred to pastoral and catechetical work in Głuchołazy. In 1990, following the invitation of Jan Chryzostom Korec, the bishop of Nitra, the provincial superior dispatched Fr. Stanisław to work in that diocese. The bishop appointed him vicar to the parish of Drietoma near Trencin and Trencin-Hradek. In 1992, Fr. Stanisław was transferred to the parish of Brumov-Bylnice and Nedasov in the Archdiocese of Olomouc to serve as a parish vicar. At the same time, the provincial superior entrusted him with the duties of acting superior, and in 1993 he became the deputy superior of the house. In 1995 he was transferred to the religious house in Drietoma and became a house councilor there. In 1996 he was again moved to the house in Brumov-Bylnice and appointed 1st councilor and treasurer, and in 1999 – 2nd councilor and treasurer from 1999-2001. He was re-appointed to the aforesaid offices in 2002. The vicariate superior entrusted Fr. Stanisław with the duties of house treasurer until 2017. He remained in Brumov-Bylnice until the end of his life, actively supporting his confreres in their pastoral work, despite his declining health.